We offer treatment for Sensory Processing and Sensory Attachment based needs including:
- Sensory Integration Disorder, also known as Sensory Processing Disorder
- Sensory Attachment Intervention / Trauma Informed Sensory Processing
- Support for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Support for children with Developmental Coordination Disorder / Dyspraxia
- Support for children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Support for Physical Difficulties and Learning Needs, including poor motor skills and handwriting
- Development of functional skills
- Support to develop gross (big) and fine (small) motor (movement) skills, and motor coordination skills
- Support the development of regulation
As Occupational Therapists, all of our treatment is delivered through play and meaningful activities, with the child’s individual goals and needs at the core. Treatment can be delivered within the home, school or at our Nottingham based Sensory Integration Clinic, Midlands Child and Family Therapy Centre.
The treatment process requires collaboration between the therapist, child and the parents/carers. Please note that videoing may be used, but only once permission has been agreed with parents/carers and the child. The videos can then be used to analyse the sessions, and the findings used to feed into the final report and recommendations.